Moog Music MF-103 12-Stage Phaser
Moog Music MF-103 12-Stage Phaser

Phaser from Moog Music belonging to the Moogerfooger series.

Tina Arkos Tina Arkos

«  What Else? »

Published on 08/06/12 at 12:00
The Phaser Mooger Fooger as the name suggests is a phaser but not only!
With settings that go well, you get very fast synth sounds very, very Moog so. Genre Octaver, Ring Modulator.
The essential parameters of a good phaser are present: Effect level, LFO rate (ultra high speed never seen before on other phaser to the ring modulator described before), Sweep (displacement in the frequency range) and the resonance . Two types of phaser 6 and 12 storeys though effective.
Connectivity is no exception: stereo output using the auxiliary output, possibility to control all parameters via four expression pedals.

Manual in English but with some very specific presets that give the basics.

Let the sound! Those who enjoy absolute transparency without altering the original sound will go their way. The Moog said input color, we are here to hear the effect, not to knit! So slight emphasis on the bottom and lower midrange, but that's personal qu'j'aime this color with this beautiful organic phasing good and very hot unlike other very cold very "clinical". Send more soon qu'tu with overdrive is a real treat!
Good settings are readily available but we will spend time chiader so the range of possibilities is endless! It goes from very light phaser to more eccentric passing by "Vibe" sympatic well phase-wha effects and ring modulator octaver described above. Short! With my Boss CE-1 and my home VoodooVibe RM I completed my range of effects but none turns walking on the toes of the other!

I have not yet explored all the possibilities of bestiasse but I can already do without it! In short list I had left: the MXR reissue of 74, the Phaser RedWitch MoonLight I could try at the same time and frankly I have not needed to get out the camera!
I was afraid that the components more "cheap" are the latest versions but not break the myth! Mr Robert Moog is still with us! And that's good!
To quote Mr. "décafinato" is "Moog" if not "What else?"
Who said "MU-TRON" at the bottom? Go outside! XD