Antares Systems Auto-Tune Evo
Antares Audio Technologies has announced the release of Auto-Tune Evo, the next generation of their professional pitch correction plugin.
Like previous versions of Auto-Tune, Auto-Tune Evo provides the ability to correct the pitch of a voice or solo instrument in real time, without distortion or artifacts, while preserving all of the expressive nuance of the original performance. Auto-Tune Evo includes an Automatic Mode for real-time pitch correction as well as a Graphical Mode that displays the pitch envelope of the audio to be corrected along with a selection of graphical tools that allow precise manipulation of the performance's pitch.
While Auto Tune's patented processing technology has always provided unmatched speed and accuracy, for Auto-Tune Evo, Antares' Dr. Andy has gone back to the proverbial drawing board to create a seriously evolved voice processing technology that takes advantage of the hugely more powerful computers that are now the norm for digital audio recording.
The result is Evo(tm) Voice Processing Technology, offering powerful new features and capabilities along with pitch detection and correction that is substantially more accurate and reliable over a much wider range of audio input quality.
New features include:
- Enhanced core technology.
- Redesigned user interface.
- Reorganized common controls with the addition of the new pitch shifting, formant correction, and throat modeling capabilities so that all of the parameters used by both Automatic and Graphical correction modes are easily available at all times.
- Real-time pitch shifting (Native versions only): Auto-Tune Evo's new Transpose control provides real-time pitch shifting over a two-octave range.
- Formant correction (Native versions only).
- Throat modeling (Native versions only): utilizing the latest incarnation of Antares' Ao unique throat modeling technology, the new Throat Length control actually allows you to modify vocal character by passing it through a variable-length physical model of the human vocal tract.
- Resizable Graphical Mode window.
- New Note-based pitch correction and pitch shifting: in addition to Lines and Curves, Auto-Tune Evo introduces an entirely new method of pitch editing, Note Objects, which analyzes the tracked audio and creates graphic representations of the target notes. These objects can then easily be edited, shifted in pitch, and individually pitch corrected or retuned.
- Object-based Retune Speed settings.
- Real-time display of output pitch.
- Comprehensive programmable keyboard shortcuts.
- New Pitch Graph display mode.
- Graphical Paste function.
- Enhanced pitch displays: Auto-Tune Evo provides simultaneous displays of Tracked Pitch, Correction Object Pitch, and the resulting Output Pitch at the current cursor location.
- Nudge controls for pitch correction objects: to aid precise editing, the new Nudge controls let a user move selected object(s) up or down in precise one pixel increments.
Auto-Tune Evo is available now for TDM (Mac OSX and PC), RTAS (Mac OSX and PC), VST (Mac OSX and PC) and Audio Units (Mac OS X) at a U.S. MSRP of $399.00 for the Native versions and $649.00 for TDM versions. All Macintosh versions are universal binaries.
Upgrades to Auto-Tune Evo are now available for purchase and download by current registered Auto-Tune owners.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Zero-G Rhythm Organism Zero-G and Xfonic present Rhythm Organism, a rather original collection which includes over 800 samples of didgeridoo.
- Nine Volt Audio Action Drums One Hundred Nine Volt Audio has announced the release of Action Drums One Hundred, a collection of 100 new loops which is a sequel to the brand's Action Drums Boom Jinx Breakbeat Edition.
- Sample Logic Synergy Sample Logic presents its new virtual instrument, Synergy.