When I was running this plug-in, it was in Cubase SX 2.0 and 3 on a Hewlett Packard Pavilion dv8000 lap top consisting of a 2 GB of RAM and a 3.0 Ghz processor. I can't recall ever having a problem trying to run this plug-in, but definitely didn't use it very often and in bunches. When I used it I did so with just one instance or so at a time as this isn't by an stretch the type of plug-in that users will be using very often, or at least I didn't. It isn't that it has that bad of a sound, it just isn't something that it necessary on a daily basis. Having said this, the plug-in clearly doesn't take up much processing power at all, so I can't imagine too many users having an issue here.
When I was running Cubase SX on my old PC I really tried to get as many free plug-ins as I could, which meant adding the Maxim Digital Audio Detune and the other MDA plug-ins out there for free. While this plug-in isn't the prettiest looking or sounding plug-in, it can come in handy and there really isn't a reason not to have it since it is free. This definitely isn't one of my favorite MDA free plug-ins though, as it just doesn't have all that much use to me. However, I did end up printing with it a few times when I was looking for some heavy de-tuning, so if you have a VST compatible platform I'd at least encourage you to try it out to decide for yourself.