maxim|digital audio Detune [Freeware]
maxim|digital audio Detune [Freeware]
Publié le 05/18/10 à 11:57
The Maxim Digital Audio (MDA) Detune plug-in is a piece of freeware that I have used in VST format in Cubase SX. I don't know if this is available in other plug-ins formats beyond VST. It's been a decent amount of time since I installed and used this plug-in, so I can't remember all of the details related to installation, but if I don't remember it it's probably because it was an easy process without any problems. As long as you don't have any compatibility issues, you should be all set. In terms of using the plug-in, the interface is really simple, consisting of a series of sliders to control detune, mix, output, and latency. It has a variety of presets, which can definitely be helpful starting points for both new and experienced units. I'm not sure if they even make a manual for this plug-in, but either way I don't believe you need to seek one out since it's so easy to use on it's own.

When I was running this plug-in, it was in Cubase SX 2.0 and 3 on a Hewlett Packard Pavilion dv8000 lap top consisting of a 2 GB of RAM and a 3.0 Ghz processor. I can't recall ever having a problem trying to run this plug-in, but definitely didn't use it very often and in bunches. When I used it I did so with just one instance or so at a time as this isn't by an stretch the type of plug-in that users will be using very often, or at least I didn't. It isn't that it has that bad of a sound, it just isn't something that it necessary on a daily basis. Having said this, the plug-in clearly doesn't take up much processing power at all, so I can't imagine too many users having an issue here.

When I was running Cubase SX on my old PC I really tried to get as many free plug-ins as I could, which meant adding the Maxim Digital Audio Detune and the other MDA plug-ins out there for free. While this plug-in isn't the prettiest looking or sounding plug-in, it can come in handy and there really isn't a reason not to have it since it is free. This definitely isn't one of my favorite MDA free plug-ins though, as it just doesn't have all that much use to me. However, I did end up printing with it a few times when I was looking for some heavy de-tuning, so if you have a VST compatible platform I'd at least encourage you to try it out to decide for yourself.

Images linked to this review

• photo