Waves Tune
yoTrakkz yoTrakkz

« easy to use »

Published on 01/01/12 at 21:25
Everything was pretty easy to get going for with this Waves Tune Plug in on my system (Macbook Pro, 2.2 Ghz, 2 GB Ram). Its actually one of the better tune plug ins out to me. I chose this over Antares Auto Tune.

I run my Macbook Pro with Pro Tools LE 7.4 and a Digidesign 002 rack and Auto Tune works great with it. I haven't had any problems with running it except sometimes it slows down a bit when too much information is going on, but I guess that is to be expected.

I've owned Auto Tune 5 for about 10 months now but I had been using an earlier version for about a year and half before that. I love the interface of the software, both in graphical mode and in automatic it is easy to configure and to tune things up with. The sound is pretty smooth, along it really depends on the singer. If a vocal is relatively close this thing works great for just making it that much better. However, it can definitely sound computer generated if you try to stretch its limitations on a poor singer. Although I have yet to use Melodyne, it seems some of their new products (Direct Note Access) may have Auto Tune beat at this point and when Melodyne releases their new software I may have to switch over to that simply because it has more features, although I'm sure Waves will have a response to it. Auto Tune is a bit pricey, but for me it is essential to have when working with clients.But with all of the different auto tune programs out there on the market now, this one is the best because its cost effective. Not really expensive and the upgrades are frequent and free of course. So no need to keep purchasing upgrades for it. Just download them from the website. .