Waves Tune LT
Hatsubai Hatsubai

« Simplified version of Tune »

Publié le 07/30/11 à 16:40
As I said in the previous review, being off pitch is one of the three main things that can really destroy an otherwise perfect take. Waves has a plugin called Tune that works great for fixing this. However, not everybody needs the features that it has. This is a simplified version of that plugin to help people work faster. The plugin looks very similar, but it has a few less options than the actual Tune version. The plugin has adjustments for reference pitch, formant corrected/non-corrected, pitch shift meter, a nice edit window, segmentation controls for root note, scale selection, speed, note transition, ratio, various levels of undo/redo and a few more features. To use this, simply enable it on whatever vocal buss you have inside your DAW, and you're good to go. It's a very simple plugin, so there should be no real need to read the manual.

Waves rules when it comes to things like performance and stability. I've never had a crash while using this plugin, and that goes for all of the Waves plugins I've used. They all seem super rock stable, and in something as mission critical as a recording environment, that's a huge plus. The plugin works on both Windows and OS X, so nearly anybody can use it without a hassle. The plugin itself doesn't take up much RAM or processing power which is another plus. There is one issue I have with it, but it's a somewhat minor complaint. The plugin itself is a 32 bit plugin inside of OS X. For my DAW, Logic Pro, to fully utilize this, it needs to run a special bridge application. Performance is still the same, but it's just a pain with the way Logic implements that bridge application because the plugin doesn't remain visible in the background. I've been using the Mercury bundle for the past six or so months, and it's been a wonderful experience.

This has less features than the normal Tune version, so if you're dealing with a mix that's nearly perfect, this plugin will probably be better suited for that purpose. However, I find myself wanting the extra controls that Tune offers, so I tend to reach for that version more often than not. That's not to say this isn't powerful; it is. It's a great plugin, but I'm just so used to using the regular version that I don't normally bother using this unless I just have a real quick correction to make.