1/5
IK Multimedia Amplitube 2

Thread amplitube 2 hissing sound same with guitar rig 2

• 9 replies
  • 6 participants
  • 0 follower
1 amplitube 2 hissing sound same with guitar rig 2
hi there all and a big hello to you all to start off
heres my question I have amplitube 2 and i am geting a hissing sound when i play its quite anoying seen as i payed good money for it and i have no idear how to make the sound clean I also have the software version for guitar rig 2 and that to has a hissing sound that i would love to remove so the sound would be clean if anybody here has had this problem and has resolved it i would love to here from you any help would be fantastic as these two plugins cost me a lot of money and im struggeling with them
do i need any hardware to make the sound clean cheers hope to here from sombody:D
It sounds like feedback to me,you either need a good sound card(i replaced my ac97 with an audiophile 192)or a d.i. box,they are about £20.

Hope this helps.:cool:
I am getting the same problem in GR2 as well. I am running GR2 Software Only version, the guitar is plugged into a 6.35mm - 3.5mm Stereo Adapter into the Line In of my sound card (Onboard). Hoping to use it for some home recording. Highly frustrated.
please post more details on your hardware.
Let me give you the run down, can someone please help me and tell me why this isn't working?

Guitar plugged into PC by:
Guitar -> Guitar Lead ->6.35mm - 3.5mm Stereo Adapter -> Line In (Computer)

I have a Realtek AC'97 Onboard sound card. Just hoping to record a few riffs, not really worried about quality at this stage.

Can anyone help me?
like i said, you should use a DI box between your guitar and your line-in.

what is this "guitar lead" you refer to?
plugging a guitar in your 'line in' is not a good idea.

you should use at least a DI box first.
You should make sure that you have enough RAM to run Amplitube 2. I recently got this program and have the same problem... I found out that Amplitube requires a minimum of 512MB RAM to work properly.

I've also been hearing alot about using D.I. boxes, but I've yet to have anyone explain the reason for this to me. So far running straight into my soundcard has not affected the sound or condition of anything. Anyone with knowledge about this care to elaborate????
di boxes correct the impedence of the signal

plugging in directly the guitar feeds a too low signal causing a massive loss of quality
First of all, never plug guitar directly into your soundcards line-in, you can short circuit your guitar electronics. Second, you need a impedence box, with a preamp in it. I use stealthplug, which is designed to work with amplitube. It works great for NI RIG also. You need to spend to hear good sound. Stealthplug was $99. My sound right now is better than my hardware rig(which is on ebay right now). Im going all software now.