Line 6 Power Pack
Line 6 Power Pack

Software Amp Simulator from Line 6 belonging to the Plug in series.

samyteam samyteam
Publié le 02/20/06 à 03:22
- Did you have any problems during the installation?
To get the power pack extension, you need 3 things:
1. A pod or a guitar port or a toneport
2. To be registered online at Line6
3. An internet connection
The only drawback is that you can only buy this extension online ($99) and the Line6 website is not exactly a good example of user-friendliness nor usability. The purchase could've been quicker and more straightforward. I give it a 7 due to the lack of flexibility and the imperfections of the website!

- Did you have any incompatibility problems?
I've had no incompatibilities, since this product is only an extension of an existing product.
To be able to install this amp and effect simulation extension you need to own one of the following products: Guitar Port, Pod, Pod live, or Toneport.
I have a Toneport UX1, so there is simply no possibility for incompatibilities.

- Is the overall configuration easy?
Once you buy it online you'll get a license number.
You can then activate the license under the plug-in section in GearBox (Toneport's control software). Once you input the license there's nothing more to do, GearBox takes care of everything. It downloads and upgrades Toneport automatically.

- Is the user's manual clear and comprehensive?
You can download a brief pdf from the Line6 website, on the pages dedicated to packs.

- What's your computer?
Case: Antec Sonata
Motherboard: Asus K8V SE Deluxe
Processor: Athlon 64 3200+
Ram: 1Gb SDRAM PC3200
HDD: 2x120Gb Serial ATA
Soundcard: Line Toneport UX1

- Does the software work correctly with your setup?
Remarkable stability of the Line6 drivers, they perform perfectly and GearBox is very fast.

- How is the performance?
The effects are very responsive and work without latency.

- What about the hardware/software configuration stability?
I use Toneport with Ableton Live 5, it's very stable.

- How long have you been using it?
I've been using the extension since yesterday. And I entered a different dimension.
The Toneport factory simulations were already very good, but with this update, the Toneport catches up with the Pod XT in terms of performance. 36 amp models and 50 effect pedals. The additional simulations and effects are of great quality and justify the investment.

- Which features do you like the most / the least?
I love most of all the Auto-Wah, which is really effective, sensitive and easy to set. Always with an exceptional audio quality. The 1993 Match D-30 amp simulation is my new standard. My Stratocaster gives me results that are truly jaw-dropping.

- Did you try any other models before buying it?
The basic Toneport had already quite a few simulations and effects, the presets were a bit imprecise, though. The download of the new presets has left me in shock. For AutoWah, I used Amplitube or StompFx, but to be honest: There's no comparison. I will not use those VST plug-ins anymore.

- How would you rate its value for money?
Even if I think the extension ix expensive ($99), I think I got my money's worth. I already knew the capabilities of my Toneport, but I was downright blown away by its new performance with this new $99 bundle.

- Based on your experience, would you buy this product again?
Yes, without hesitation!
Line6 sells 3 other packs, which are a bit more targeted (Classic, Metal and Junkies) for $49 each or $99 all three. But after reading some forums, these packs have proven to be less universal and well-stocked (even buying all 3!!).
The Power pack pleases my ears and guitar greatly.
Thank you Line6!