Positive Grid launches Bias FX
Positive Grid has officially released the eagerly-awaited Bias FX guitar effect and amp emulation system for Mac, PC and iPad.
Bias FX gives you the ability to create virtual guitar pedalboards and rigs that you can share to the ToneCloud and use indifferently on Mac OS X, Windows as a plug-in as well as on the iPad. Positive Grid worked with artists and professional engineers and producers to design virtual pedalboards and rigs for use in the app. The list of available effects and amps will be expanded in the future.
- 25 high-quality effect pedals with brand new sound-processing algorithms (many more are coming)
- 5 ultra-professional rack processors that sound like high-end analog gear (many more are coming)
- 12 classic amps, import unlimited amp models from BIAS AMP
- Full integration with BIAS Amp gives you unprecedented control over designing your own fully customized dream amps
- Dual signal path and dual amp processing
- Brand new splitter switches between and combines dual signal paths, adjusting the level and frequency range for each path to give you more tone-shaping possibilities
- Live View mode lets you recall any preset with a single tap and toggle on/off any single effect or category of effects
- Pedalboard View shows all the effects and amps in the currently loaded preset at once
- Global Settings optimizes BIAS FX’s output to sound the best in any environment—including sending to a mixer, amp head or combo or stack power amp—by letting you EQ and selectively deactivate the app’s preamp, tonestack, power amp and cab separately for each destination.
- iOS only, Inter App Audio compatibility lets you insert other Inter App Audio apps in any place in your BIAS FX signal path
Bias FX is available on Mac OS X and Windows 32 and 64-bit in AU, VST, RTAS and AAX Native plug-in formats as well as on the iPad 2, Mini and later with iOS 8.0 and later.
The iPad version can be purchased at the AppStore for $29.99, the Desktop version is currently only available to the Explorer Program members, which is invite-only. More info at www.positivegrid.com/bias-fx/.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Trackbits, an online project manager Australian start-up Audeezy developed an online solution that allows bands and professional studios to manage their music projects.
- Grind Machine updated to v1.8 Audio Assault released v1.8 update for its Grind Machine guitar amp simulation plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Defective Records Cyclic v1.6 update Defective Records Software has updated its Cyclic step sequencer software to version 1.6 for Mac OS X and Windows.