Softube Tube Delay
Softube Tube Delay
Publié le 09/05/09 à 21:57
The Softube Tube Delay was easy to install as I didn't have any problems at all with it.  It only took a matter of minutes and figuring out the interface of the delay didn't take long either.  While maintaining a good amount of parameters to control your sound with, the plug-in is easy to understand as the typical functions are easy to find.  The interface has parameters for treble and bass, as well as a mix knob, a delay time knob, a feedback knob, and both a dry and wet drive knob.  There is also a tempo synch button switch that comes in handy pretty often.  I haven't seen the manual for the Softube Tube Delay, so I can't say if it is helpful or not, but I would imagine that most users won't need one.

I am currently running the Softube Tube Delay on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM.  I run the plug-in in Pro Tools LE 7.4 that run with either a Digi 002R audio interface or a Digidesign Micro Box.  I've never had any troubles running this plug-in with this configuration, although I only tend to use one or two at a time on an auxiliary channel in order to save processing power (I do this for all delays and reverbs).  As long as you use aux channels you shouldn't have any problems running this plug-in and even if you wanted to run a bunch of them at once as long as you have a good system you should be able to do it.

I've only been using the Softube Tube Delay for a few months, but it has become one of my favorite new delay plug-ins.  It has a really warm sound for a plug-in and is capable of getting a variety of different delay sounds.  Have the option to add drive to both a wet and dry signal is really cool as you can do some nice blending.  I also like the tempo synch switch as it does a good job of synching it up.  The price isn't all that cheap, but is reasonable for the quality that you are getting here.  All in all this is really nice delay plug-in, but definitely check out plug-ins like the Line 6 Amp Farm and the Moogerfooger Analog Delay as well as a slew of other delay plug-ins on the market, as there are a lot of great ones out there.