FXpansion has released Maul, a multi-band distortion and tone-shaping plug-in with modulation.
Maul features 3 separate drive stages, each of which can act on a different frequency range with 32 distortion types. The available algorithms include DCAM-modelled germanium diode, tube and transistor-based circuits, clippers, overdrives, waveshapers of various kinds and bit-crushing devices for digital distortion flavours. Each drive stage also features control over transient-shaping, saturation circuitry and additional post-process tone filtering.
The built-in TransMod modulation system allows you to animate Maul's parameters with the internal LFOs, envelope follower and sample & hold devices as well as with external MIDI note input. This turns Maul into a device capable of dynamic filter patterns, rhythmic gating effects, loudness and harmonic excitation effects and dynamic distortion.
- 3-band distortion and tone-shaping device.
- DCAM-modelled circuits, clippers, waveshapers, overdrive, bitcrushing and more.
- Additional per-band transient-shaping control.
- Saturation circuitry modelling.
- 2x oversampling with 4x Hi Def mode.
- TransMod modulation and MIDI note control.
- Built-in MIDI Learn for plugin controls.
- 32-bit and 64-bit support.
- VST, AU and RTAS plugin formats on Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6.2 or later.
Availability & Pricing:
Maul is available as a download-only product from the FXpansion web shop for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU and RTAS plug-in formats.
Pricing is $99.00 / €79.00 / £69.00 (inc VAT where applicable).
Introductory Offer: Maul is $70 / €55 / £48 (inc VAT) for all registered owners of Geist, DCAM: Synth Squad, Tremor, Etch, DCAM Dynamics, BFD2 and BFD Eco (and customers purchasing Maul at the same time as any of these products) until 31 October, 2012.