The Drop reaches its v1
Cytomic finally launched v1.0 of its The Drop filter plug-in, which has been under development for more than three years.
After several weeks in v1.0 beta for users who had already purchased the plug-in, Cytomic updated its website and is now offering the Drop v1.0.6 to all in VST, AU and RTAS formats for Mac OS X and Windows.
The Drop is modeled on a resonant analog filter and features the following:
- 2 resonant filters with high-pass and low-pass
- Sallen Key, Cascade and Ladder filter types in the circuit
- Mono and stereo processing with 2 or 4 poles
- Safe Res button to avoid self-oscillation
- Morphing LFO for stereo modulation
- 2 modeled AHR envelopes that also double as envelope followers (one for the cutoff and the other for the amplitude)
- FM from the main or sidechain audio inputs
The Drop is available for $99, some known issues are listed in the Release Notes PDF file available at cytomic.com/drop.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The U-He Presswerk in public beta U-He stated last week that a public beta of its new plug-in would be available during the weekend, and it is indeed online.
- Korg is preparing a sampler app for Volca Sample Korg announces the upcoming AudioPocket, a new iOS app that allows for recording and managing samples for the Volca Sample.
- The SoundForce SFC-60 on pre-order SoundForce Controllers is now accepting pre-orders for its new hardware MIDI controller for the TAL-U-NO-LX virtual synth.