D16 releases Fazortan phaser plug-in
"You can think about Fazortan as of the exact copy of a retro phaser taken out from 70's and redone to become a virtual unit. But being the same sounding unit that provides primal functionality and sound of the original is where similarities end and where limitless scope of plugin comes to play", say D16 Group.
They go on to say this of their product:
"Fazortan; the controlable space phaser has become another effect to offer as being a part of our 'Silver Collection'. No need to say we didnt cut much corners on quality and that robust, yearned by all - analog feel of the sound. Total control of the Phase shift parameter provides you with adjustability and allows to obtain the desired contour with high precision. Have you ever wondered where does that unique magical breeze so audible in most of Jean Michael Jarre's tunes come from. Suprisingly the backbone here isn't the synth itself but the effect unit coupled with the synthesizer, saying more precisely - analog phaser of which our Fazortan seems to be a fine equivalent. Thanks to the analog modelling technique we were able to implement allpass filters comprising characteristics identical to its analog counterpart based on Operational Transconductance Amplifiers."
* true emulation of classic analog allpass phase shifter
* 2 full controllable LFOs
* unique sound different from the others digital phasers
* presets organised into groups
* midi learn function
* 64bit internal processing
* no harmonic distortions at output
Fazortan is available in VST and AU format for both platforms (PC and Mac). It's a dynamic library (.dll file) for PC (VST only) and Universal Binary bundle for Mac (VST and AU).
To use the product you need Windows 2000/XP or Mac OS X 10.4.3 or later. It's not a standalone program so you need a VST or AU compatible host application to use it.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Waves G-Channel SSL 4000 eq & dynamics Waves has announced the release of the SSL G-Channel, the latest addition to its SSL 4000 Collection. The power of the complete Solid State Logic SL 4000 console series is now at your fingertips in software.
- Who's afraid of the Big Bad Guitars? Nine Volt Audio introduces Big Bad Guitars, the brand's new collection of guitar loops.
- DSK Music Ethereal PadZ [Freeware] This week's freeware is a virtual synth specialised in pads from DSK Music.