Networksound Mamba Digital Snake
The Networksound Mamba Digital Snake lets you send and receive 128 x 128 channels over a single CAT-5/6 cable!
NetworkSound is pleased to announce that the ProAudio Review PAR Excellence award winning Mamba Digital Snake would enable Pro Audio installers to send and receive 128 x 128 channels over a single CAT-5/6. The innovative concept of Aux1 and Aux2 in Mamba Digital Snake enables a customer to connect 2 64x64 systems in to 128 x 128 configuration using a single CAT-5/6 cable. The total number of channels could be 128x128 @ 48kHz 24 bit or 64x64 channels @ 96K 24 bit. The critical automatic cable redundancy feature will still be available for both 64x64 systems. To use this 128x128 capacity, all boxes (stage, FoH and Mon mix in the case of split) should be connected direct via CAT-5/6. Mamba Digital Snake is the first in the pro audio industry to enable 128x128 channels over a single CAT-5/6 cable.
Some of the key features are:
* Up to 64x64 channels over a single CAT-5/6 and in a single chassis
* Ultra low latency (less than 200 microsec I2S-I2S)
* CAT-5/6 distance up to 140 meter or 450 feet
* Operate @ 48k or 96k sample rate (24 bits)
* All inputs and outputs are on DB25s
* RS232 pass thru for any control applications
* Built in cable redundancy
* Plug and play 2 way split (FoH and Mon Mix)
* Multiple split using standard 100 Mbps Ethernet switches
* Share audio traffic and other data traffic using GbE ethernet switch with VLAN
* Aux1 and Aux2 for intercom, Internet or analog audio over the same CAT-5/6
* Neutrik Ethercon for durable CAT-5/6 connector
* Fiber support through external Media Converter over Single or Multi-mode Fibers
* External micpre packages or connect your own micpre
* Sleek and compact chassis
With prices starting at $1,299 for the 16x8 system, Mamba Digital Snakes are easily the most affordable Digital Snake solution on the market, and the first Digital Snakes that are in the same price range as a similar channel count high quality analog snake. Mamba Digital Snakes are ideal for small to medium sized installations, and are well suited in situations where setup and teardown are the norm. Mamba Digital Snakes are installed and used in church, broadcast, live stage and touring company venues, as well as such high profile events as the ICER AIR ski jump event at San Francisco's AT&T Ballpark.
Barani Subbiah, CEO of NetworkSound stated, "Our goal was to design a high-quality Digital Snake at an affordable price. We were able to achieve this through innovative design concepts, preconfigured I/Os, and use of off the shelf mic-pres. For the first time, the clarity, dependability, and ease of installation of a MediaNet powered Digital Snake is available in the same price range as an analog snake with no compromise in quality and all the additional digital audio over CAT-5/6 benefits."
For more information, visit their web site at www.networksound.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Switchcraft SC600 Switchcraft® Releases New SC600 Dual Adapter Box which combines many of the most commonly used audio adapters into one device.
- Networksound Mamba XDB NetworkSound has announced the launch of a new XLR to DB25 break out box/patch bay product.
- Manley Langevin Backbone Manley Labs has announced the upcoming release of BACKBONE .