Ohm Force Mobilohm

All user reviews for the Ohm Force Mobilohm

1 user review
  • Ohm Force MobilohmPublié le 12/03/09 à 16:28
    The Ohm Force Mobilohm is a unique software phaser that can be used in a variety of settings.  I didn't have any issues installing this plug-in as it only took a few minutes to download and install it.  The whole process was pain free as I didn't have any compatibility problems or other issues.  The interface of the software is also pretty easy to follow, even though there are a lot of parameters to play with.  The plug-in has four oscillators, each of which has the same parameters to work with within each.  There are also a variety of parameters outside of the oscillators and after a few minutes of playing around with the plug-in, I was able to have a good grasp on what everything does.  The manual for this plug-in is helpful, but I didn't need it much as everything is pretty self explanatory.

I am currently running the Ohm Force Mobilohm on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM.  I run the plug-in in Pro Tools LE 7.4 that runs with a Digi 002 R audio interface or a Digidesign Micro Box depending on where I am working from.  Within this configuration, thus far I haven't had any issues running the plug-in.  I've been able to run two or three of them at a time without any problems, but since there is a lot going on it does take up a decent amount of processing power which should be taken into consideration.  It really depends on what type of configuration you are running this on, but as long as you have a decent system that you are currently running plug-ins on, I don't think you'll have an issue with this one.

All in all, I've found to the Ohm Force Mobilohm plug-in to be quite helpful.  It is definitely one of the most unique phaser plug-ins that I have used as it has more parameters to work with than most will.  Having four different oscillators to work with is quite impressive and it makes it possible to get all sorts of phasing tones.  While this probably isn't necessary for those who don't use phasing all that much, for those like me who love to use phasing this is a great plug-in to have.  The price is very reasonable (especially if you can get a student discount) and is overall a top notch plug-in that I would highly recommend.