or
Create an account

or

Thread Best PC alternative to Garageband?

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Best PC alternative to Garageband?
I'd like software that has a lot of built in drum loops already installed like garageband and easy to use, but for windows. Something that you can just drag a loop or sample into and then vary it with other loops or samples easily. Maybe bass line loops also. Also what is a good audio input device . I have a soundblaster live value, but do i need something else. If so, something under 300 dollars would be nice.
Thanks, Neil
I now have Acid pro 4 but i dont see any library of drum loops. Where can i get these. Mainly into smooth jazz grooves.
Thanks for your tips.
Used to be you could find good loops on the net but they now sound dated and, worse, most free loops are in mono and/or low samplerate mp3's. You could order acidized loops straight from the Sony site as they now own Sound Forge.

A very good, cheap alternative is to look for issues of Future Music and Computer Music magazines as they usually come with a cd that often contain license-free samples and drum loops. One of the recent issues I found had hiphop and urban samples (though I'm more of a rock type); some usable for my genre as long as they are properly manipulated.