Nugen Audio VisLM Loudness Metering
VisLM is described as compliant with the latest loudness standards ITU-R BS1770 and EBU R128 and offers a solution to loudness and true peak metering for Mix, Mastering, Film and Broadcast.
VisLM introduces several parameters for audio measurement:
- True-Peak level metering (inter-sample accurate level monitoring)
- Loudness Range (to help decide if and how much dynamic compression to apply)
- Momentary 'instantaneous loudness' for mixing by ear Short term loudness (3 second time window)
- Program Loudness (long term integrated loudness measurement)
VisLM is available in two versions, VisLM-C (compact) and VisLM-H, which in addition to EBU mode metering provides a loudness history trace and data export.
It is anticipated that VisLM will be released late Q4 2010, although preview versions are available immediately.
You can check it out here.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Fsynthz RepeeteR Fsynthz has announced the release of RepeeteR, a free VSTi MIDI processing plug-in for Windows that records and loops a played fragment of 1/2/4 measures.
- Madrona Labs Aalto Aalto is a new semi-modular software synthesizer with a patchable UI, distinctive sounds, and it is out now as an Audio Unit plugin for MacOS X.
- Tonehammer The Ranch + Luminabells Tonehammer has announced the release of two new sample libraries for Kontakt: The Ranch and Luminabells.