Sony PCM-M10
Sony PCM-M10

Pocket Recorder/Multitrack from Sony belonging to the PCM series.

VinW VinW
Publié le 02/01/10 à 13:22
A bomb!
I bought to replace my Edirol R1 (who made the APRS me 5 years ..). Meanwhile I had a Zoom H2 and i was left to take a Edirol R09HR. But three weeks ago in Germany, a salesman friend took me out and do this little novelty tells me as well ...
Sold 330 euros with a bonus Sony headphones and a charger pack 4 x 1.5 V

Appraisal:
After three weeks of various recordings (urban soundscapes, read pomes, jazz concert, ...) I must say I've never had a portable recorder of such quality and so practical hands!

Ergonomics:
Ergonomically perfect, very fast to implement, even with mittens / gloves. Very short period of time between the moment you turn it on and the moment the recording You Started (less than 8 seconds all inclusive).
discrtion cot, it is quite small but nice microphones and look pretty hlas class attracts some attention by giving the impression of being a great mobile phone (one 'm asked if he had the GPS ...)
Otherwise, having 4Gb of memory integrates free card is a real treat! Unload by the USB port is not super fast but reasonable even when (after 4-5 minutes to empty the 4Gb)

Sound:
A quality sound Ingal under this category of price (a great sound clarity with virtually no background noise (!), And an output level much higher than its competitors, well will integrate more easily into a mix without loss). In the metro, I can transcribe prcisment all conversations around me better than my own ear at the time of registration, despite the noise of the train.
Despite what was said by the t Previous tester, I found that (for me) the spatial silent very good (although I hear people go left / right / front / Behind me in the crowd. I recorded birds in a square desert, I could feel good all around)
Note that self-level works very well (though i was skeptical, always recorded with a manual rglage levels between). I have not yet made default, same face of noisy sources (dcollage airplane, train passes, concert)

Autonomy:
A totally self DLIR! I thought the seller EXAGRES telling me 17 hours, and no, even with two standard alkaline batteries, the gauge remains unfazed 100% when I recorded dja 9Gb wav (44kHz 16b ) in three weeks, just by disabling the green and red diodes of the facade to avoid attracting too much attention.

BMOL:
I loved that wig is optional book series. Like all recorders, it is indeed sensitive to wind, even though in my case it is doing much better than the R1.
Otherwise, the speaker is a bit intgr weakling and not a great quality. But it is good practice in some cases:)