< Tous les avis Johnson Amplification J-Station
Johnson Amplification J-Station
Dani Leuwen Dani Leuwen
Published on 01/10/08 at 05:07
This unit has lots of functionalities. I suggest you go to the manufacturer's website for more information.
Simply put, it is a digital Pramp. It has several amp simulation and effects no evil. It is ditable PC or "manually". Johnson J-Station MIDI connections (crankset, connecting a computer, etc.), 2 output jack (for connecting a console), one between jack (for guitar or bass), and S / PDIF, headphone. It is very comprehensive.
Note that the case is Mtal. The unit is solid and rather intuitive.

USE

Level configuration is very simple:
-Rglages Amp: Gain, 3-band EQ (treble, mid, bass), a Level and Master.
-Choice Among the 18 amp simulations.
-All That is rglages / effects of choice.
-Accordeur.

The edition of the sounds can be done in 2 diffrentes fawns. The first edition is a fast mode. It selects the amp, one makes his little rglages, we add effects and AC drives. There is that turning 2 or 3 buttons. It's very easy. It's just like if you had to rgler effects pedals.
The second edition mode is much more complex and complete. It is taken head if not using the publisher. The editor lets you change the sounds in ral time. It really is very very good. In addition, it can provide amliorations or add amp simulations.

The manual is very good. I in French, it must be read to learn to use the bb.

The amp simulations are really very good. I REALLY t bluff by simulations of Marshall and Mesa. The clean sounds are very nice. Distos and crunch are really good. We obtain a crunch if we lower the gain on some amps. It is rather rare in numriques multi-effects.
The effects are not against me at all. I find cold and realistic at all. I have also a Rocktron Intellifex ltd I plug in a Laney VH100R and it's different. The effects color too sound. The wah is really horrible. I think my machine has a default because it is not a sound wahwah I have. It looks like a duck Rubber that crushes. The pitch / detune is rather convincing. The delay and reverb are very good on the other hand.
I use the J-Station with a strat lite ash or Ibanez S540fm or Cort X-6. DIFFERENT sounds are used according to instruments. It is rather a good point !!!

NOTICE GLOBAL

I use it for several years. I especially like the ease of use and quality of sound. The fact that it does not completely dnature the sound of the guitar is gnial.
What I do not like, it is the effects and mode of edition that is taken without the head editor.
I tried several other models. I tried the famous POD, which offers more possibilities, but less good qualities I think. POD is even more when "all age". J-Station really lean on request to use. I have a multi purpose ZOOM GFX-1, the sounds of Jstation are much better. But the GFX crankset is very convenient.