Mackie PPM1012

All user reviews for the Mackie PPM1012

Powered Mixer from Mackie belonging to the PPM series.

• Compact, but use it with good PA speakers

Mackie PPM1012Published on 01/20/13 at 23:03
    I purchased the Mackie PPM1012 in a package that came with 4 microphones and two monitors. The PPM1012 is a high quality but still compact mixer that has 8 mono channels and 2 stereo channels. It has a small supply of effects and some graphic equalizers. When I purchased this bundle it came with 12 inch PA speakers and 4 M4000 microphones. The whole package cost around 1500 dollars which I thought was a steal because the mixer and amp was amazing.
    I have used this in shows about 40 times now (not all mine) and every time it gets used there are no issues and the sound is great. It will all come down to which monitors/speakers you use with this mixer though because I have used some cheaper PA speakers with it and it didn’t sound as good even though the amp is good and provides a clean sound. Your speakers will be what delivers your good volume with low distortion though so do not just purchase the PPM1012 and think that no matter what speakers or mics you use with it will work.
    This mixer is easy to take around with us because it is compact but still packs all of the features that we needed to run different types of events and shows. Being that I am a part time crew man for some events I get the chance to work with a lot of different PA systems and set ups. This system is not for a huge show but for a medium to small sized show you will have enough channels to get all of the gear you have plugged up and ready to play. This mixer has a few effects on it, but it was nothing that would make me want to run out and buy it again. If I could do it all over I probably would have went with a mixer that had some better effects so we could have cut down on bringing in more gear for smaller shows.