Yamaha EMX640
Yamaha EMX640

EMX640, Powered Mixer from Yamaha in the EMX series.

petitvélo 12/28/2004

Yamaha EMX640 : petitvélo's user review

• Partager
Small and compact PA system. 200 watts into 4 ohms with 2 separate amps for front of house and monitors.
6 inputs, reverb. It can be used as a mixer by connecting it to a more powerful amp. Additional effects can be added via the loop. EQ for each amp. It features treble-mid-bass controls + a very effective Equalizer for each channel. 2 jack speaker outputs for each amp (4 speakers in total).

Very easy to use and practical to install. It's very interesting to have in one single unit an amp for the main speakers and another one for the monitors.

Very good sound and plenty of different settings. Very low noise. Good sound quality.
Excellent model that I can only recommend. It's ideal for a small band. It's very good gear for shows in small venues. Very reliable gear.

I use it since 1988 and I am very satisfied with it. I plan to change it to get more power and inputs, but otherwise I'd keep it. If you are thinking about buying it, don't think it twice, you will not be disappointed. I give it 9/10 as overall mark only not to give it the best mark.