FBT CLA604A
FBT CLA604A

CLA604A, Powered PA Speaker Cabinet from FBT in the Vertus CLA series.

gulboz 09/07/2012

FBT CLA604A : gulboz's user review

«  Excellent »

• Partager
I rented the system with 2 subs + 2 heads for a weekend.
I was very impressed by the smoothness of the sound. Moreover, there is no significant aggression. The tones are reproduced with great fidelity. The system approaches HiFi, but it does not match the fidelity of my Atohm GT1 lounge system.

Use has been made in providing outdoor jazz group (vocals / bass clarinet / acoustic guitar / harmonica / North Electro3 / battery but not mic-ed) with around a hundred people in the audience. There was ample power in this context. The system was configured with 1 +1 sub head to the right, and the same on the left, and all the musicians behind so no "foot bath" foldback.
I had problems with feedback on a static (Neumann KMS104). The next day in rehearsal so a small closed room, the same problem.

I had opted to rent the system with a view to buying, but because of this feedback problem, I hesitant even if the configuration without "foot bath" foldback is especially attractive for mixing live. With me just being a musician, probably a good engineer would have solved this feedback problem. Anyway, I'll wait a hypothetical purchase and read other opinions.