QSC KW152

Powered PA Speaker Cabinet from QSC belonging to the KW series

• stompboxjonstompboxjon

Shouldn't cost this much

QSC KW152Published on 03/11/13 at 22:04
    The QSC KW 152 is a 1000 watt speaker that has a 15 inch low frequency driver and a 1.75 inch high freq driver. This speaker was a lot heavier than I expected it to be, it weighs around 65 – 70 pounds. It has 2 XLR outputs and 1 XLR combo input and 2 RCA inputs. It can be mounted on a pole/fly. This speaker is a good frequency range (44 Hz to 20 kHz) but sometimes it is hard to tell just how broad it is. When playing a lot of bass heavy music, it seems like the low end frequencies kind of got pushed to the side because they do not stick out the way that I think they should with the specs that this speaker has. The highs and mids sounded great though, and even the bass sounded great on some music, the music that has low frequency baselines. But the kick would still sound pretty good no matter what music it was; it was those baselines that didn't fulfill my needs.
    This speaker has a very rugged construction and will bring about no issues when traveling with it or getting it in and out of the van. It has a class d power module and handles that make it easy to carry even though it weighed more than I thought it should weigh because I have used Peavey speakers that have the same specs but weigh about 5 to 10 pounds lighter. The QSC KW 152 does have a well balanced sound but for this price (1200 USD) I think any user can get a lot more going with a different similar speaker. You can get the 1000 watts and virtually the same drivers in another speaker for about 150 dollars less than the QSC KW 152 cost so for that reason I do not recommend purchasing this speaker.