Alesis QuadraVerb
Alesis QuadraVerb

Reverb from Alesis belonging to the QuadraVerb series.

siegfried.chevignon siegfried.chevignon

«  Given a facelift to its Quadraverb »

Published on 05/29/13 at 14:45
Quadraverb + for reverbs and delays, it's digital, plugged into the effect of my amp or a mixer loop.
It was a bit of what was best for the public 20 years ago, plus it's easy enough to find one on Ebay. Everything is editable as racks that time, but the older software and it is increasingly difficult to find ... MIDI will eventually disappear from our studios ...
First thing to make the taste of the day to upgrade the quadra quadra +, it costs 20 € on Ebay and very easy to do.
The upgrade is done by sysex and MIDI, must find the right software, I went through SyxlibEd worked after my second test.

I wanted a Quadraverb because I was quite a fan of guitarists and singers who used Laureate 90s. If I have one example would be Chris Isaak Wicked Games. But hey still the same concerns for acute laziness program and use it effectively, for a while I looked at the presets TVET Charly Hall. So I contacted him and he quickly told me to do the upgrade at a cost of € 60.

You will say it is expensive for presets ... I will tell you that once installed sounds are absolutely beautiful, musical and therefore usable immediately. In addition, to provide simple reverbs and delays great it magnifies your amp, this afternoon I had the impression of playing on an old Top Boost and pro-reverb sixties quite breathtaking. I had two amps times and I assure you it is stunning how simple presets can change the way you play ... Of course, you must love the fifties and sixties side sounds. Of the 90 presets, there is only one that frankly disappointed me is the one on acoustic guitar that sounds like the worst stuff of the 80s, this is the only one that sounds wrong. But it can also have its charm??
So at the moment I do not use the effects on the guitar but I intend to do experiments on vocals, bass and synth because it is very musical and let the plug-ins because no one is at the height of this machine and reconfigured.

For 24h and update I played all day on, we do not easily pass from one preset to another, we tend to stay on. I think I listened to a lot of reverb but this one is the best of the best for vintage sounds. The sounds are beautiful and we left quickly carried away by everyone. For 60 € you the case of the century compared plugs and other machines.
I leave you the IP address because it is not the Quadraverb but a whole lot of machines like the ZOOM 7008, I think.
If you want a very good reverb, this may be the solution.
I'm on a cloud ...