Zildjian A Ping Ride 20''

All user reviews for the Zildjian A Ping Ride 20''

( 4.8/5 based on 4 reviews )
3 reviews
  • Zildjian A Ping Ride

Zildjian A Ping Ride 20''Published on 02/25/03 at 15:00
    I bought this cymbal at a local music store for $115 used. It was a great deal and it had everything I would want in a ride cymbal. I bought it because i had a b8 ride and i thought it was good for a beginner, yet i thought i was past that stage. I went from beginner cymbals to pro, but i think i will save oney that way

This rided has the best ping i have ever heard in a cymbal. This is what I was looking for in a ride along with great construction. I bought it used from a music store off their lesson kit so i knew it had been used hard. However, i think it sound the exact same as a new pind ride. I was looking for a zildjian because they make great stuff that last forever.

there is......

there is nothing i dont like about this ride exept(and this really doesn't matter)is the fact that it collects stick marks very easy.

zildjian is the best, dont go with anything else.

this is a sweet ride for any player. It has loud ping noises, and an awsome bell.I am a 14 year old drummer and i could think of a better ride to put my money down on.

• Zildjian A Ping Ride 20''Published on 04/20/09 at 12:20
    I've been using the Zildjian A Ping Ride Cymbal for recording for about four years. This cymbal is made from brass and is extremely well built and sturdy. This is definitely a cymbal that will last a long time for a user who treats it properly. While I am not a drummer myself, I have recorded with a drummer who uses this cymbal in his set up and I have a pretty good idea about how good cymbals sound from recording so many different types of cymbals. I usually record this cymbal with a Neumann KM 184 or a Rode NT 5 depending on what studio situation I am in, and I am always pleased with the ride cymbal sound that I get with this cymbal. The sound of the Zildjian A Ping Ride Cymbal can be described as light with a nice sparkle to it that will cut through a mix pretty well without being overwhelming. It is a nice size and is absolutely a suitable ride cymbal for all types of applications. Zildjian is known for being a leader when it comes to making cymbals, and the Zildjian A Ping Ride Cymbal is one of my favorite cymbals that they make. The reasonable price makes it a good deal for drummers of levels, even though it is probably more aimed at players with a bit of experience looking for a good sounding ride cymbal at a good price. Zildjian has the reputation for making some of the best cymbals in the world and are loved by drummers all across the board. In my experience with the Zildjian A Ping Ride Cymbal, I have been extremely pleased, and while there are certainly some more expensive ride cymbals out there that sound better than this one, the price and sound combined makes the Zildjian A Ping Ride Cymbal a great choice.
  • Zildjian A Ping Ride 20''Published on 03/14/09 at 11:44
    (Originally written by mpcvore/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
    (Originally written by mpcvore/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
    Someone lent me this ride cymbal a few days ago and I used it already two times. So it's possible that I update this review latter when I have more experience with it.... It's an EXCELLENT cymbal: it sounds full, mellow and accurate it doesn't matter if you play with the tip or the shoulder of the drumstick. The response is excellent and musical, with enough volume and easy to control. It sounds neither too high nor too low. The bell is quite powerful but less than the one of the the 21" Rock Ride. It sounds rather low... The sound of this cymbal perfectly matches my music and playing style (pop and rock). The cymbal is comfortable to play. The sound can be easily controlled unlike other ride models which sound too muddy and loud. Very well-balanced and musical cymbal, a real delight.... And given that it's a Zildjian, you can expect it to sound better with aging. Wonderful instrument for demanding drummers. Suitable for every kind of music (except extreme genres).
  • Zildjian A Ping Ride 20''Published on 03/08/09 at 14:20
    (Originally written by minix/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
    Great cymbal I've been using since 2004. When I bought it I liked very much the sound of several rock drummers who used it.

It's faithful to its name: the "ping" sounds very powerful! Especially when you hit the powerful bell. The sound is great both on stage or in the studio!

The problem is that this cymbal has advantages that can become disadvantages. It's great when I want a powerful bell for heavy rock but when it comes to mellow sounds it isn't that great. My previous ride sounded better (Paiste 802) for that purpose.

The best would be to have a crash/ride as a complement.

I don't regret having bought it but......
    (Originally written by minix/translated from Audiofanzine FR)

The best would be to have a crash/ride as a complement.

I don't regret having bought it but I would now look for a more versatile cymbal that has a better balance between attack and sustain...