Ensoniq EPS16 Plus
Ensoniq EPS16 Plus
Tr@xx Tr@xx
Published on 07/07/11 at 09:35
So much for the sound ba Boom Bap 80'90 it's THE sound!
Not a lot of reverb, delay, chorus, flanger ... Klassik but against the power unrivaled very high quality always on the edge of the ridge, but truly amazing!
The MIDI clock is very good, and connectivity standard (time)
Jack-Jack-Jack
Standard 1 MB of RAM which is expandable to 2MB just using an additional card which is really important for my taste, much more comfortable for the sampling

Frankly use is very simple, many other machines are then much more complicated to use! the screen is comfortable - good visibility
A friend showed me the most important functions and then it was gone, that to quickly roll
Manual Question I went a few times ... Although there are French, it's not a very obvious first new ... already come within the EPS 16 and EPS 12 ...
Truncates of the samples are very easy to do! velocity as the sampling filters are also very simple to edit!
by issue against Indeed, very hard at the beginning to apply a purpose by instrument ... the effect is applicable to the entire sequence can mutate the effect of an instrument or subsequently (in advanced use) practice of using resampling the desired effect.

What about the sound .... If you are looking for the big fat studio sound of U.S. 80 and 90 years in the hip-hop (the real) it is in this machine!! without the studio!
The Groove Machine is incredible and we sample a kick is the hair on the arms s'hérisse!! incredible heat!
The effects are sometimes a bit "too-much" but they are really good quality!
The dynamic I find also very good! the keyboard there are also many, they are very good!

I use this machine for 5 years and I can not get enough! more potassium is found over most of new affinities and small defects in the machine too ... (Eg sequence) but are easily overcome! overcomes them! and it swings, it grooves, in short, it kills ...
A friend had one and when I tried it I fell in love right away a small sample of soul filtered to bring out the low frequencies and HOP! three buttons I pressed a calibrated sound!
I had used before as a ASR10 which is for me better than the EPS 16 + with its advanced features and more that I was as backward compatibility with the EPS 16 + then saw that in my group there had a ASR10 AND an EPS16 + I went on an EPS16 + (the price as being more inferior than ASR10 lol)
Its uniqueness is its heat, a sound that tape in no time ...
If it'll be I'll repeat the same choice! without hesitation!!
Bought for € 250 at the time I find it a good investment! many are for Akai MPC course features breathtaking but its a very flat and no heat Ensoniq The little trick that is unique to these machines!
Since I invested in an ASR-X and it is also a very good machine!

In short, I highly recommend this machine is not very expensive but are really in the belly!