Akai introduces their brand new MPC, the 5000.
The MPC5000 is the first MPC ever to include 8-track streaming hard disk recording, a 20-voice, 3-oscillator analog synthesizer with arpeggiator, a new sequencing engine with 960 ppq resolution, pad and track muting and mixing, 64 continuous sample tracks. There’s even a new FX engine with 4 FX buses and 2FX per bus.
In addition, the MPC5000 features a 64-voice drum/phrase sampler with 64MB memory, expandable up to 192MB. The display is twice the size of the MPC2500 and MPC1000 so waveforms appear crystal-clear. Integrated Chop Shop 2.0 now supports stereo chops and Patched Phrases. The MPC5000 is also the first MPC to include Random and Cycle sample playback in addition to velocity Zone Play. A turntable preamp is also included.
The MPC5000's virtual analog synth eliminates need for external analog synth modules or buggy software based synthesizers. The new 8-track direct to disk recorder lets you produce your whole song in the MPC and then mix it down with the internal sequenced programs and any input thru material. Add the optional CD/DVD drive and you can then burn an audio or data CD or your mix. Over 650MB of premium-quality sounds from Loopmasters are included to get you up and running with pro-quality production in seconds.
- 64-voice drum/phrase sampler with 64MB memory built-in. Expandable up to 192MB RAM
- Three-oscillator virtual analog synth engine with built-in arpeggiator
- Over 300 Virtual Analog synth presets included
- Eight tracks of Direct-to-Hard Disk recording
- Over 40 all new effects available within a modular 4-bus effects processor
- Master compressor and equalizer
- Built-in hard disk drive
- Optional CD-R/DVD drive
- USB 2.0 port for computer connectivity
- CF Type-2 card slot (up to 2GB)
- Chop-Shop 2.0 – slices a stereo loop into individual samples with automatic pad assignment
- Patched Phrases – creates multiple splits in looped samples to ensure proper tempo sync without changing pitch
- Continuous Sample Track – ensures samples play in perfect sync no matter where you start the beat in a loop
- 12 Q-link controllers for internal automation, external MIDI control and quick parameter editing
- 240 × 128 hinged backlit LCD
- 10 built-in analog outputs, plus 8 ADAT-optical outputs and stereo S/PDIF IO
- Powerful new multimode filter
- Two MIDI inputs and Four MIDI outputs
- Turntable phono inputs with RIAA pre-amp
- XLR / 1/4" combo jacks with selectable mic/line levels
- Sample library provided by Loopmasters.com
Viewers of this article also read...
- This Summer, jam with BeatBuddy Mini for $99 Singular Sound has announced a special offer on their BeatBuddy Mini personal drum machine.
- Moogfest: Moog to bring back Minimoog Model D While Moogfest 2016 is currently (May 19-22) being held in Durham, NC, Moog is bringing back Minimoog Model D through a pop-up factory.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Dreadbox present Drips Dreadbox is at the Musikmesse to present Drips, a Eurorack format modular drum machine.