Akai Professional MPC2000XL
1/2073
Akai Professional MPC2000XL

Sampling Sequencer from Akai Professional belonging to the MPC series.

Don lemone Don lemone

«  Good bike, though ... »

Published on 05/03/12 at 23:14
Audio: headphone and just the MAIN output. I envision a map 8 attractions in the ass to him.

MIDI standard.

I acquired it with a ZIP drive. I quickly updated my OS and invested in a card reader. The OS includes only 1 GB cards, hard to find. But still he walks with maps 2 and 4 GB, even if it does not use only 1. Am I clear?

Sounds, that's it. Emphasis his. Via the input sample or via SD card, with a program on my mac. Boring anyway, I prefer to use the audio input.

The sequencer is good, you type, that's what you want, without delay, that changes in software, no lag, no crappy auto quantize.

Nice, also some software I cut my teeth on a QY 700, which is a must for me in terms of practicality (aaaah, the big screen, the grid, the step ....) and a MC-303 from Roland. Although her galley on the other hand.

After tapping my pads, I generally add swing to "humanize" a little more what I do.

A blow to take casually, we enter a new world. You forget the notes, tips, widgets. You got a sound, thou assigned. In fact, I seem to spend more time on my hair cut, edit, stretcher, the slicer ... And to return my drum kits that make the sound. But it has a playful side. And then the software sounds, well you pass the same, more time to try the plug-in to do his ... And you will not necessarily win.

You go back to basics really.

And I keep on my SD complete with batteries, I'm getting very frank wank kits and varied. After, it's just annoying to navigate in the memory, to preview the samples, assign, etc. ...

The manual, my faith ... Were in English, I downloaded it in French on the net. One, two, three literalist readings, readings few diagonals on details, and in it goes pretty fast. Automation are created at the end you work without realizing it. And you're going fast.

There's some pitfalls on the other hand, about the editing of such slices. We must trust the machine. Just once, the time stretch, I notice that the tempo varies from the one I assigned to my loop and that of the sequence. Another trap, capture sound: too strong, too weak ...

Common functions, accessible yeah. The price again some manual readings. You sail no submenu submenu, you want something, you press on the button and presto.

No effect, or minimum. What I wanted anyway, even if a delay, reverb, EQ and even a little would please.

Has no competence in mix, it filled me to have all these virtual racks to manage, even though I know not to use them. Kind the comp, the EQ ornate, ...

So I make my sounds, I record my tracks, I give the guy who knows how, and we made the mix there is to do ...

I use it for almost a year.

I went through the QY 700, 100 QY, log style of FL or Live before.

I love the fluidity, the pads, the robustness. The design also post-USSR. Simple.

I do not like the weight of the brothel, annoying to carry around. I like not everything is optional, such as 8 separate outputs or effects.

€ 400 for it, frankly it's okay, it's not excssif.

I will ever choose, but my ultimate dream is to have my workstation Park: ASR 10, MPC 60, 3000, 2500, etc ... but all are not as accessible.