Akai Professional MPC500
Elenel Elenel

« The must have to start »

Published on 01/28/13 at 16:31
I have since the beginning of November 2012
The connection is really sufficient to begin, the effects are very useful but a bit limited, I use it for hip hop / boom bap but you can do anything with this beast p&#39;tite, the USB cable is really cool for live rock samples on the card (which the original is too small, it has quickly narrow)
Worse it&#39;s tough, j&#39;lai put in my bag to go to school, traveling several times, it has been very cold ... Impeccable, it runs like new yet it is a second hand.
€ 30 to keep thinking to buy the extension of RAM, it happens on some beats that follow my MPC more, it cuts the sample coarse tros and let others think also has a high-capacity card, I&#39;m already has the narrow, yet I remove the beats once posted ...

2nd hand and I just wheel that has the game but works impeccable ...

The menus are really fucking despite the two lines of the screen, only after we spent a sleepless night on the manual that it is better to have. Now that I know well, I beat my shapes tit for tat, all functions can be quickly accessed and live is simple with the use Track mute you can do anything. The manual is at the top, I just learned that, never one video tutorial on youtube. Step edit modes, but must be understood after it is powerful to add or reposition the drums etc ... Mode seq. edit as it is super convenient to copy several steps (no need of any type, just a hop and measurement, copiable infinity, transposition of midi notes, timing correction on the extent to swing, Velocity, time .. .)
Custom workflow in akai MPC, I am a fan, it&#39;s like: hop I take my sample, I load on a pad, I set the BPM and the pitch, I&#39;m running in a loop, I go to my folder drums, I look at what goes well with prefetching thanks, I hop the load a little layering, dépitchage, and I put my drums, "shit j&#39;me Gouré&#39;m in the swing," hop undo button just to the snare ... It&#39;s just a pleasure. To sampler is cool too! Although ergonomically, with automatic start has a programmable threshold. By Chopper cons for the sample does not even think about, no waveform that figures so trim, well to standardize and trim the beginning and the end and ESPECIALLY for Timestretch (Gem <3)
So for a sample chopper 2000XL way ----> MPC Maid! Utility (engineering)
For mobile use, j&#39;lai done once with batteries half empty, it&#39;s not required 10min then see if the block has 4h batteries are feasible.

For what I do is, frankly, well, what ideal. Velocity is good, really. After the pads, when I received j&#39;me myself, "Damn this is the concrete below, it is very soft or plastic?" And in fact you quickly understand that something is too soft, it&#39;s soft beats and then with the FULL LEVEL function, the sensibility that sensitive you can type with a pen. Have to think about turning the original sounds on the card and the internal memory after testing quickly, take it to the place. After that, hey, this is a recent akai, do not expect out of pure BOOM BAP BAP BOBOOM as a 2000XL or 60mkII, so the kick is pouet the entrance, he pouet the output ... No grain, if you want a potato, keep 700balles and take a 2000XL S950 with full options ...
If not for the "fake" grain, you can cheat, VST rested on the internet, low pass, detune, grunger: nice distortion effect but rather according to the random sample.
But it is only that, it will never really sound like the first, Pete Rock, Damu, Muggs and RZA ....
The preset EQ master basic is good! I always use it with my little mods

I want to clarify that I base my opinion on mine I got a 180 €, at this price it is a quality / price ratio of crazy! For 380dolls I would have been less enthusiastic ... If you find a price not cool, check the PDM, it is always that.

I use it for two months now and I thoroughly exploits, so to start at MPC is based, this is my first and I was already dreaming of 1000 or 2500se ...
It is perfect to start the beatmaking ALL STYLES TOTAL.
The possibilities are almost endless! I personally weigh the samples from the computer, I do my beat, mix. And then I do the mastering on a computer! Then you have the impression to have a machine to do everything under the fingers, a real instrument. Before I was on fruity loops and it is true that the possibilities are downright better, but it&#39;s boring s&#39;que click all the time! The machine then you take your what you play! For nothing in the world I go in FL (Except one or Akai MPD36 renaissance ^ ^)

The +:
Perfect for start-level MPC
Akai MPC-Usability made
Akai-Pads inflexible as bourrinage
-Do not let go soon
Memory Cards-reliable, robust and up to 2GB
-Cheap (had j&#39;lai 180 in Cygnus, nose all over the net, because for 300 €, go to maschine ...)
-Everything is possible with this

The -:
Ram-option (clips from Big akai)
Screen-small (but super well done, tough)
No-chop just because of the screen
-12 Pads rectangular, has a little cramped but adequate

If you want to start in beatmaking, painting the TOP is the ultimate weapon to start! But not above 250 € ...
on the other hand after a moment should not stagnate and move on to the next level!