Akai Professional MPC500
Akai Professional MPC500
C13303 C13303
Published on 02/02/08 at 13:56
Audience: Advanced Users
Sampler so its unlimited bank
Effects good but not great, it's not the goal

a single output (only regret)

great pad, to do a lot with the wheel in plastoc (which could have been a bit more manageable) but overall great beast very solid and well finished, it's really one of my best machines and Compact side is very sexy.

twelve o'clock all the connections obviously

The real slap to me is my first mpc, the sequencing in the ear.
It is a pleasure and an exceptional speed of composition. Mpc concept really is more than great.

Sampling on the fly without worry

Memory: it must extend it absolutely clear, but it cost only 30 euros to 128 uper

We can only use one effect on the fly thanks to the fader ... but as I said, the side effects / single output is the weak point of the machine.

The sound has a good potato, just typed but not bad. (Ca always sounds a little differently after sampling, especially when you normalize, but ultimately it farts)

the pads are responding really well and are top comfort (my fingers are enjoying), I admit that not I do not play drums with the velocities.

The effects are not extra-extra I must admit, and that it have only one output limits the use of external effects ... So here is the smaller less.

It's been a year and overall I think it's a sampler / sequencer exceptional, especially with the composition by ear I think it's really huge! It is a blow to take if you do not know but after the madness MPC is a real breath of fresh air.
Do not think that only the hip hop with this kind of gear, I may as well electro and jungle, breakcore or even, with disconcerting ease, the foot.

Only regret: the effects good but not great (well who cares it's not what you asked) but mostly there is only one exit. At least two would have been nice, the top four, but I understood that I would have a more compact and less fat (like the 1000 or something like that)

Great price right for this machine. You just have to time it's a small sampler / sequencer super tough for the pros who want to really put a bottom in the delirium mpc I would recommend instead a model above.

Personally I would look to repeat that offer other models, but for now I have and I will not part with it I love it!