Korg Electribe-MX & Electribe-SX SD
Korg is now shipping the tube-driven Elecrtribe-MX (EMX1SD) and Elecrtribe-SX SD (ESX1SD), the newest models in the updated Electribe series.
Korg’s Electribe pattern-based music production stations are now "revitalized with up-to-the-minute patterns and massive SD data storage."
The addition of SD/SDHC card storage allows up to 32 GB of sound, pattern, song and sample data to be saved on an individual card. This is designed to enable an entire live show’s worth of data to be saved on a single card.
Each musical part is created using the same workflow as when producing a song. Vacuum tubes deliver tube saturation and overdrive to taste. The EMX-1 SD uses Korg’s MMT (Multiple Modeling Technology) sound engine to offer sixteen types of tone generation. The ESX-1 SD offers editing features to provide the freedom to sample and modify sounds in real time.
Features common to both models include:
- Twin vacuum tube VALVE FORCE circuitry, delivering analog warmth or menacing bite
- Three stereo effects that can be chained together for radical sound warping
- Crisp filters and speedy-smooth timbral modulation
- Built-in step sequencer, delivering intuitive song production
- Motion Sequence function, to capture and replay sound-tweaking knob movements
- Arpeggiator, ribbon controller and slider, for generating inspired phrases
- Auto BPM Detection, which sets the tempo based on any external audio source
Pricing & Availability
The Korg Electribe EMX1SD and ESX1SD are now available with an MSRP of $750.00 each.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Moog Music MiniMoog Voyager XL It looks like Moog is set to announce the Voyager XL, a new 61-key monosynth.
- Feeltune Rhizome Groove Machine At this year's Musikmesse, we told you about the prototype of Feeltune's Rhizome groove machine - the manufacturer announced that the machine is now ready and will be available soon.
- Dave Smith Instruments Tetra Review The Tetra hosts four Mopho voices in an extremely compact housing, meaning you get an analog polyphonic, programmable and a very affordable synth. A closer look...