Gibson introduces the 1961 Les Paul Tribute
Gibson used the very first Les Paul / SG model from 1961 and modernized it in this new Tribute version of the guitar.
The particularity of the 1961 SG is the Sideways Vibrato, that Gibson USA recreated on this Tribute model using modern engineering for a smoother and more efficient action.
- Mahogany body
- Set-in mahogany neck with rounded profile
- Rosewood fingerboard with 12" radius, 22 jumbo frets, vintage cream binding and acrylic Block inlays
- Nut width: 1.695"
- Vintage style tuners with pearloid buttons and 14:1 ratio
- Two '57 Classic Alnico II humbucking pickups (PAF style)
- 2 volume and 2 tone knobs, 3-way pickup switch
- Tune-O-Matic bridge and Sideways Vibrato
- 5-ply black early 60's-style pickguard
- Nitrocellulose Cherry finish
- Hardshell included
US MSRP is $2765 ; the 1961 Les Paul Tribute will be available at the end of November. Visit www.gibson.com for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Electro-Harmonix unveils the Slammi pedal The latest member of the Electro-Harmonix Next Step family is Slammi, a polyphonic pitch-shifter / harmonizer pedal for guitar.
- Ernie Ball releases the MVP active volume pedal The new Ernie Ball MVP active volume pedal for bass and guitar is now available worldwide.
- Boss Loop Station RC505 Review While guitar players might have been disappointed by Musikmesse 2013, keyboard players, sound designers and home-studio owners were delighted by numerous new products.