Gibson "Roxy" Frank Zappa SG guitar
Gibson USA recreated the SG Special "Roxy" used by Frank Zappa during shows at the Roxy Theatre in Hollywood in December 1973.
The guitar, that can be seen and heard in the Roxy & Elsewhere video documentary, is an highly modified early 60's model. It features two mini-switches for humbucker coil split and phase reverse and a Maestro-style vibrola with Lyre tailpiece replaces the traditional bridge.
- Mahogany body
- Mahogany neck with Slim 60's shape
- Rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets and pearl Dot inlays
- White headstock
- Grover tuners, 16:1 ratio
- 2 '57 Classic Humbucker pickups, no cover
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls
- 3-way pickup switch
- 2 mini-toggles mounted on the pickguard for coil split and phase reverse
- Tune-O-Matic bridge with vibrola and engraved Lyre tailpiece
- Early 60's-style 5-ply black pickguard
- Nitrocellulose Heritage Cherry finish
- Hardshell and a CD of Zappa included
More info on www.gibson.com and in the following video presentation by Dweezil Zappa:
Viewers of this article also read...
- Duesenberg launches the Starplayer TV Deluxe Duesenberg introduced recently a new Deluxe version of its semi-hollow Starplayer TV guitar, equipped with the new Radiator tremolo.
- New MXR Prime Distortion guitar pedal MXR introduces a new effect pedal for guitar called M69 Prime Distortion, which is intended for hard clipping vintage sound lovers.
- Vox introduces next generation of Mini3 amps Vox will launch this summer the G2 generation of Mini3 ultra compact modeling amps for guitar, available in three distinctive finishes.