Gibson "Roxy" Frank Zappa SG guitar
Gibson USA recreated the SG Special "Roxy" used by Frank Zappa during shows at the Roxy Theatre in Hollywood in December 1973.
The guitar, that can be seen and heard in the Roxy & Elsewhere video documentary, is an highly modified early 60's model. It features two mini-switches for humbucker coil split and phase reverse and a Maestro-style vibrola with Lyre tailpiece replaces the traditional bridge.
- Mahogany body
- Mahogany neck with Slim 60's shape
- Rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets and pearl Dot inlays
- White headstock
- Grover tuners, 16:1 ratio
- 2 '57 Classic Humbucker pickups, no cover
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls
- 3-way pickup switch
- 2 mini-toggles mounted on the pickguard for coil split and phase reverse
- Tune-O-Matic bridge with vibrola and engraved Lyre tailpiece
- Early 60's-style 5-ply black pickguard
- Nitrocellulose Heritage Cherry finish
- Hardshell and a CD of Zappa included
More info on www.gibson.com and in the following video presentation by Dweezil Zappa:
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.