Gibson SG '61 Reissue
Gibson SG '61 Reissue

SG-Shaped Guitar from Gibson belonging to the SG series.

cyrille young cyrille young

«  Nice and light .... »

Published on 03/16/13 at 09:34
Gibson SG 61 reissue made in USA heritage cherry, classic two microphones 57 and 57 + gibson neck slim type 60's 22 frets with the famous head Open Book, as the custom, 02 volumes, 02 tone ... tun o matic .. . etc. in short the SG tradition ..... the body is a little thinner than standard ... it is very light.

the handle is very nice, but very special, it is quite wide and flat on the back, a little "U" is a bit confusing at first when you just like me a les paul with a big round profile 50's, it really feels like to have nothing in hand ... by against access to acute, it really is .... we reached the Royal 22 nd box .. no difficulty in more than one handle highway ... it's really up to the soloists ... the sound is just good in all positions, even if the most effective position is the bridge pickup with the bite and the bump in the midrange so characteristic the sound of ... what little schoolboy ....

To play hard rock, this is perfect ... the sound is sharp as a les paul, thinner too, so with a little less sustain, but it also makes sense .. the guitar is vraiement light .. I feel like a toy after going on my Les paul 4.3 Kg .. For blues, I prefer the thickness sustain the les paul ... I branch out marshall class 5 head home and a marshall vintage modern 2466 head in rehearsal and concert ... and I must say that the sound is very vraiement classic 70's Gibson ... The sound ideal for heavy rock and blues rock hard rock ... I'm less convinced on metal records .. but hey it's not made for it .... it is a vocation Vintage guitar.

I've had a week ... and I suddenly somewhat neglected my trusty Gibson les paul ... I love the sound of this SG microphones are perfect .. (I had the same on my The paul before mounting slash signature ..) I am still a Les paul Addict fan of Slash and Gary ... More oblige but I confess that SG 61 is a great guitar, especially when it comes to play AC / DC, then I have the perfect sound ... Well then it's logical too, SG plugged into a Marshall stack with a small Wampler Plexi-drive in the middle, it helps ...