Mojave Audio MA-101

All user reviews for the Mojave Audio MA-101

• moosersmoosers

Mojave Audio MA-101Published on 12/20/11 at 23:57
    The Mojave Audio MA-101 is a FET (field effects transistor) small diaphragm condenser microphone for use in the studio. The mic is one of the higher end mics from Mojave Audio that I’ve used. The mic has a Jensen transformer and a frequency response ranging from 30 Hz to 18 kHz. Mojave Audio was started by the guy that started Royer microphones. A cool feature of the MA-101 is that you can change out the cardioid capsule for an omni-directional one that is also included with the mic. A few other perks with the mic are that it comes with a hard carrying case, a wind screen and a clip.

Having only used a set of the Mojave Audio MA-101s microphone a handful …

Having only used a set of the Mojave Audio MA-101s microphone a handful of times, I’ve been very impressed with the results. I’ve only used them as drum overheads to date but for this application they are stellar microphones. I would bet that they work well for other acoustic instruments but I’ve yet to have the chance to try and prove this theory. For a while I wasn’t too sure about Mojave Audio in general since I had only used a few of their cheaper microphones but the MA-101 confirms that I wasn’t right in thinking this since they have a bunch of great microphones that are very affordable. The MA-101 is a professional mic in my opinion but it’s going to be found more in sort of in between studios that don’t have the best of the best for microphones but have a solid collection of tried and true mics. I’m still not convinced that the Mojave Audio MA-101’s would be my first choice for a small diaphragm condenser if I were putting together a pro level studio for myself but I would absolutely consider them. The price doesn’t make them accessible to everyone but they are definitely worth a look if you have a little bit of money to spend on some great small diaphragm condensers.