Schoeps CMT56

All user reviews for the Schoeps CMT56

• Schoeps CMT56Published on 12/02/09 at 22:42
    The Schoeps CMT56 is a large diaphragm condenser microphone designed for use in the recording studio.  I wouldn't recommend bringing this outside the studio as it is somewhat fragile and is an older microphone.  It has a switchable polar pick up pattern with settings for figure eight, omni directional, and cardioid.

In a small amount of times that I have used the Schoeps CMT56 mic, I've always been happy with the results that I have gotten.  It is a great all purpose microphone as it is versatile on account of the switchable polar patterns.  I've only used the mic on a small number of applications as I've only had access to this a few times, but what I have used it for has shown me that I could probably use it for just about anything.  I have used the Schoeps CMT56 on both acoustic guitar and acoustic piano and for both applications this does the job quite well.  I haven't had a chance to use the mic for vocals, but I hope that I can in the near future because I think it could be a good fit for some singers.  This microphone is pretty hard to find and isn't a mic that I would seek out.  Rather it was in the mic cabinet at a studio that I was at and I decided to try it out after hearing good things from the house engineer at the studio.  I'm glad that I use it as I found the mic to be unique sounding and a real asset to the recording.  I'm not exactly sure how much this microphone costs as I haven't sought it out for purchase, but since Schoeps is a pretty well known microphone manufacturer, I would imagine that this wouldn't be the cheapest microphone.  However, if you're a professional studio owner I would absolutely recommend looking into this microphone as I think you'll be pleased with what you hear.