Fender Deluxe 112
silverbullet silverbullet
Publié le 04/17/07 à 23:50
80-watt solid-state amp ...One clean and one distortion channel, reverb. relatively light...Very easy to use.

There's no need for a manual, because it doesn't have as many knobs, just mid, treble and bass, plus reverb and "contour" for the Drive channel, which adjusts the mids, in fact. It comes with a pedal to change channels and to disable the reverb (I don't see the use of the latter).
That said, I did download the user guide because it includes some presets (which didn't thrill me).

I play mainly blues and '70s rock with a US Strat.
I bought this amp when I used to play electro-acoustic guitar and the clean sound was perfect!
But with an electric guitar, I'm a bit dissatisfied. I love the Fender sound but this one really lacks warmth...It has lots of treble and if you cut them, you end up with a jazzy sound, which isn't my thing.
I think a guitar with humbuckers would suit better the clean channel. Anyway, after I tried out a tube amp, there's no point of comparison.

The distortion sound is definitely not its strength, with the gain at 3 it's OK, afterwards it's a "fuzz."
So I'm a bit disappointed in terms of sound.
That said, with appropriately dialed-in effects it's all right.

I bought it second hand for 300 euros, since I was especially attracted by the brand and the vintage look, without thinking too much about it.
It is ideal for those looking for an ultra clean, country-like sound.
It is fine for rehearsals, but it's impossible to use it at home with low volumes, even set at 1 it blows you away.
I wouldn't buy it again, a mini modeling amp is more than enough for me.