Kustom KMA65

All user reviews for the Kustom KMA65

Solid-State Combo Guitar Amp from Kustom belonging to the KMA series.

• MGR/A musician seeking to bring glory to GodMGR/A musician seeking to bring glory to God

Kustom KMA65

Kustom KMA65Published on 02/03/04 at 15:00
    I purchased this as a refurb unit from a Kustom dealer on Ebay for $152. I wanted an economical PA combo amp that I could use for a worship band to play my acoustic guitar, electric guitar (with a digitech RP100 processor) and vocals.

This is a very good amp for the price. This factory refurb is in like new condition. It has three channels which allows me to play my guitar plus plug in a mic or two for vocals. It has 65 watts of power which seems very adequate for my application. It has some nice effects for which the levels can be adjusted for each channel.

It would be nice to have a second balanced input. Its cube shape makes it a little cumbersome to carry. It does what I want for the right price so I don't have much to complain about.

The cabinet appears to be built very solid and and the covering seems like it will hold up well. The control knobs are of solid alloy and work smoothly. The push button switches for the main power and the effect on/off for each channel seem a little cheap and one of them already sticks a little. It has a very nice 12" celestion speaker. The tweeter seems adequate but probably could be of better quality. I get occasional crackling noises out of the amp; I don't know what is causing this but it is infrequent and not very noticable.

An excellent amp for the musician on a budget who needs a multi-purpose portable amp.