Marshall MG10CD
Marshall MG10CD

Solid-State Combo Guitar Amp from Marshall belonging to the MG 2nd Gen series.

Clepto87 Clepto87

«  Very versatile little »

Publié le 06/29/10 à 03:05
10 watt transistor amp
1 guitar input, CD input
emulated output and another for the headphone
Simple adjustments:
a clear volume
volume and gain overdrive
a tone control common
Wholesale ideal amp for the headphones apart in the night and the little hp 6.5 "(I think) for the day is also why I bought it at the base.

Since little adjustment is quickly obtained good sound: I set the tone and volume on the sound I want. Certainly be a possibility to switch both channels at the base because the button and lost between the volume and gain so the foot must be in sock if we wish to achieve.

It is here that we enter the major weakness of this amp:
I play with a Les Paul GT at Gibson with humbuckers so splitables therefore a fairly versatile guitar that sounds great on my Fender amp.
In the light of the settings can force me to play with the tone of my guitar but I can have a good sound even see well and has low volume.
on the other hand like the overdrive channel also without a slurry is downright unusable at once the lack of switch is no longer a problem since two years I had to put 3 times in overdrive and I gave up.
Fortunately, it accepts pedals well enough
Finally last point the headphone jack to an equalization different from the amp lamp so it a bit boring must re-set the tone every time you plug the headphones ...

I use it at a rate of 1 hour per day for 1 year and 1 / 2.
The pros:
small
cheap OCCAZ
headphone practice night
HP = little bit of bass = happy neighbors
The -:
expensive new (I got screwed by the salesman that I also transferred my addresses from)
headphone amp requiring Readjust
Overdrive channel useless

With experience I will turn to the lamp (the Blackstar HT 5 I like it well)
The value for money is not bad if we will take OCCAZ with a overdrive pedal