Peavey Rage 158
Peavey Rage 158
Eternal Kelly Eternal Kelly
Publié le 01/04/08 à 09:24
Audience: Beginners
This is a 15W transistor amp.
He has a guitar input, a CD input and headphone output.
It has two channels: one clean with the volume and channel gain and saturated with a volume ain. There a general equalization low, mid and treble. If you can call it an "effect" the amp has a small switch that allows you to add mediums and having a style "old rock".

The mega confuguration is simple and there is no need to be a pro to find a setting not too bad.
The manual gives some tips for beginners: The settings for his rock, country, metal ... etc

Instead, I play metal and this amp suits me.
I play Jackson (JS20 Dinky JS30 and Kelly) with a zoom effect G2.1U recently.
Without the effect we have a good clean sound that can not adjust according to the desired equalization. For the distortion is not too bad, we get a fairly accurate one.
There is a slight hiss when the treble is pushed to 7-8.
With the effect is good at any level.
Now I use only with multi-effects.

reported that saturation can provide a surprising amount for a 15W. In my room the volume is a more than adequate.

I have three years and I am satisfied.
I like its simplicity, its not bad and its size makes it easy to carry for a lil jam. For the less there is none, for now I have no problems to report.
I try a Marshall of the same size, but I prefer this one was more cheaper.
The price / quality ratio is very good, only € 80. For an amp like that I find it excellent.
It is ideal for a room.
I do it again this choice without problem.