[Musikmesse][VIDEO] Audient iD14 and ASP800
Along with its iD14 audio interface and monitoring controller, Audient introduces at Musikmesse a new version of its ASP mic preamp.
The new Audient ASP800 still features 8 mic preamps in a rack format but the manufacturer boosted the input levels with up to 70 dB of gain, added a pad to each channel, and introduces the Retro Channels (ch 1 and 2) with mic and DI (instrument/line) inputs and a combination of HMX and Iron buttons with Mosfet Drive and Magnetic Drive knobs.
These Retro Channels are designed to reproduce a less linear response and color the signal as classic tube and British transformer preamp could do in the 1960s and 1970s. The HMX/Mosfet Drive controls add asymmetrical harmonic distortion thanks to a discrete MOSFET technology for a typical 60s sound, while the Iron/Magnetic Transformer Drive offer a brand new Audient saturation technology that uses a custom British transformer and a high-voltage MOSFET drive circuit to recreate the sound of 1970s preamps.
- 8 Audient mic preamps
- 2 Retro Channels with HMX and Iron saturation types
- 2 discrete JFET instrument inputs on the Retro channels
- Burr-Brown A/D converters (118 dB)
- Analog line outputs
- ADAT input for connection expansion
- Word Clock input
- iD ScrollControl mode
Details of the ASP 800 are online at audient.com/products/asp800.
We met the Audient team at Musikmesse for a presentation of the iD14 (see this news for details) and this new preamp:
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.