[NAMM] Empirical Labs EL9 Mike-E
Empirical Labs unveiled a new unit called EL9 "Mike-E", a digitally-controlled Microphone Preamplifier with features designed to warm and soften the source, along with a compressor/limiter.
Mike-E offers a performance transformer-coupled mic preamp. The 'CompSat' section is a compressor and saturator circuit that offers versatile 'coloring', and classic knee compression, according to Empirical Labs.
Mike-E's Seven Circuits :
- Mic Preamplifier with "low noise & stepped gain switching."
- Built in 'Direct Box', called the 'Inst In', for distortion, noise, and frequency response when pre-amping instruments.
- 'Colored' 80Hz High pass filter designed to emulate the "warm low frequency cut of vintage equalizers."
- Phase Switch to invert the audio signal 180 degrees.
- CompSat offers both a musical Compressor/Limiter and a tape-like saturation circuit.
- High-frequency emphasis system "softens high frequency 'pile-ups' and further the creamy color of the Mike-E."
- Mix Control allows the blending of the Compressed/Saturated signal with the "clean unprocessed "Dry" signal."
For more info, check out www.wavedistribution.com/dealer/Mike-E/Mike-E%20brochure.pdf and visit EmpiricalLabs.com for a copy of the Mike-E user manual.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Shure USB Mics Shure Incorporated announced three new products — the PG27USB and PG42USB Side-Address Condenser Microphones and the X2U XLR-to-USB Signal Adapter.
- [NAMM] Chandler Little Devil 500 Series Chandler Limited enters the 500 race with its new Little Devil Equalizers and Compressors.
- Fostex LR16 The LR16 is a live mixer with integrated 16-track multi-track HD recorder, which will be ready for shipment in February of 2009.