Focusrite ISA 430 MKII
Focusrite ISA 430 MKII

Solid-State Pre-amp from Focusrite belonging to the ISA series.

Hallyd Hallyd
Publié le 04/03/11 à 08:25
- Pre-amp microphone
- Pre amp line
- Instrument input
- Impedance switch, air mode, 48V, phase
- Top notch filter and low cut
- 4-band EQ for the ISA 110 (2 parametric bands and two Baxendale bass and treble)
- Compressor with three vintage fashion comp / Limit Vintage / classic comp
- Gate with Hysteresis
- Esser
- Optional 24/192 converter
- Switch for each function, bypass general treatment,
- Seen in meters choice for entry level, levels 1 and 2 or indsert GR compressor

I just offer it, I do not have a room or studio, but I'm doing rehearsals for I Am "singer" not super pro but I defend myself!

I bought this machine primarily for live!

Then: The editing sounds and effects is easy? Well, I'd say it's still as complex machine, but after a few hours it seems a little simpler!

Before you buy Isa 430 I worked on TL Audio preamp as the 5060 and I like the Eq 5013.Certain tell the lights to make it live anything (fragility, not intended for ...) Ben with these two machines I was really the sound I was looking for! magnifique.Mais really good this is just my opinion.

Then Isa??
1) The pre-amp sounds very good although a little froid.Mais it's not good lamps

2) The compressor is in manual mode for me use.The very lim Vintage and are of no interest to me!

3) The EQ dépard, large galley in order to find its correct, I can connect my 5013 and set the TL Isa (I am not saying that Eq is bad, but the color tone is a little too "MID" for me and my voice is not too TOP.M after several hours of tinkering bin is ok and it sounds great! But again I think its a bit cold!
But this is very very accurate Eq I would add, too! This probably explains the fact that I have a little trouble with!

4) The gate and esser me personally I do not use pas.Enfin yet, so no opinion!

I think when I speak the beast I'll be at paradis.Car for me in this price range are no longer talking about good or mauvais.Mais taste, we like that sound color or not!

I think that like all machines of that price should definitely try before you buy and do not rely on this kind of advice is the best machine or it's a big scam business, it's crap ... There is only you who can judge what you agree or not, do not listen with the ears of another, but with yours!

For me it's a good machine as well as my TL Audio although for the moment I still prefer the ISA!

But I will probably change their mind when I had the opportunity to test it in real life "Live"

Images linked to this review

• photo