[Musikmesse] Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite has introduced the ISA Two, the latest addition to the ISA family of mic preamps and audio processors.
The ISA Two is a dual-mono, transformer-based microphone preamplifier that features two of Focusrite's ISA-range mic/line/instrument preamps, each capable of providing +80dB of clean gain.
Each channel has switchable balanced insert points and variable high-pass filter and variable input impedance. The ISA (Input Signal Amplifier) microphone preamplifier features the Lundahl LL1538 input transformer and Zobel network filter.
- Two ISA series transformer-based mic preamplifiers: Based around the Lundahl LL1538 transformer, they each provide +80dB of clean gain.
- Variable cutoff high-pass filter: 18dB/Octave high-pass filter with continuously variable cutoff from 16Hz to 420Hz.
- Selectable input impedance: Four input impedance settings.
- Separate instrument & line inputs: DI inputs on the front panel. TRS Line inputs on the back.
- Dedicated, switchable per-channel insert point: For connecting outboard audio processors.
- Eight-step LED meters: To provide visual feedback: can be calibrated using rear-panel controls.
ISA Two is suited for those making stereo recordings or for those wishing to add a pair of mic preamps to their system. Each preamp can supply 80dB of gain, with variable input impedance options. ISA Two can accept mic, line or instrument inputs.
Each channel has gain and trim controls, and switches for engaging phantom power, phase invert, the balanced insert points, and the high-pass filter. Metering is provided by a pair of eight-step LED arrays, which provide visual status on your signal, while a calibration knob on the rear panel enables you to line up your analogue level to your A-D converters.
Release date and pricing have not yet been announced.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Symetrix SymNet Edge Symetrix announces SymNet Edge, an update to its line of DSP solutions with new features.
- [Musikmesse] Dynaudio Acoustics DBM50 Dynaudio Professional introduces the DBM50 active desktop monitor featuring a 7.1” woofer and a 1.1” soft dome tweeter.
- [Musikmesse] ADAM F5 & F7 Monitors Adam will be releasing two new near field monitors later this year.