Mackie Onyx 800R
Mackie Onyx 800R

Solid-State Pre-amp from Mackie belonging to the Onyx series.

giancarlo giancarlo
Published on 02/15/05 at 06:42
Prampli converter 8 channels. See description of Previous notice.

Trs good configuration with all possible connections, except FireWire or Madi.
Small BMOL to gain pramp not linear trs.

Pramplis: Good pramplis in terms of price, but unlike the opinion prcdant we are still far from what it does best. I use Red pramplis Focus SERIES o even if the source moves away from the microphone is your exact cohrent, full and dynamic, it is not the case, the sound quickly becomes Triqui mtallique and slightly, but good considering the price ... otherwise excellent S / N and specially mentioned for the instrument between high impdance.
Conversion: A signal sent by Onix simultanment in bypassing the pramp (between online D-Sub) and an Apogee converter shows a conversion PSX100 plutt good in this price range, but inquiter it. Even if it is less linear in the management of the dynamics that Apogee he keeps a large dynamic range and you really have to send to saturate.

I've had a week and I did not test on many sources. What I like most is the conversion and between instruments. Good machine for the price, I advise those who make ® religion taken beyond the Stereo or complment. If pursuit of excellence view of the cot pramplis converters and stro premium spars, but if ... banco tight budget compared with the RME in OctaMic D (1000 euros ) which I do not know the efficiency ...
With the exprience I'll pay an Apogee Rosetta 800 or PRISM with a gallery of such pramp supplmentaires Amek Neve, GML, API, SSL and SPL Gainstation ect ... but with my ability I opt for the Mackie and I will do with ...