Fender American Deluxe Fat Stratocaster HSS [1998-2003]
Fender American Deluxe Fat Stratocaster HSS [1998-2003]
MGR/Steven Reiser MGR/Steven Reiser

« Fender American Deluxe Fat Strat »

Published on 08/13/04 at 15:00
I ordered this guitar through ProSound in Litttleton, Colorado and paid $1,350 for it. The reason I purchased this guitar was that after decades of playing I just got pickier about sound quality and with the new SCN pickups and the LSR Nut and Deluxe Tremelo, and locking tuners and pickup combo, I finally found the sound I was looking for and finding Vintage sound too thin and Texas Special as too dirty as hot single coils (humbuckers preferred to the specials)

The two HOT wound single coil pickups are the perfect balance between the Vintage sound and Texas Specials and the DH-1 Humbucker is the only way to go. I bought this guitar to play CLASSIC Rock which it is ideally suited for. Also the LSR nut and Fender Deluxe Tremelo finally give a unit that doesn't go out of tune when using the tremelo. S-1 Switching gives you incredible tone options. This is the most versatile guitar I've ever owned and I love it. The sound of this guitar is totally unbelievably awesome!

Well the ONLY thing I can say is the Action on my American Deluxe Telecaster w/SCN pickups and S-1 also is a little better, but I think that's a price you pay for having the tremelo system.

I have a Three color sunburst Stratocaster that is beautiful and materials quality is topnotch the maple on the neck even has some birds-eye in it, premium wood!!! The whole construction is amazing and I must say, you get what you pay for!!

Until I bought this guitar, I was in love with my Les Paul, but not is has serious competition and each has it's place as far as sound goes, but this guitar has the crispest ringing overtones, and is just fat enough for rock but still has enough of the glassy Vintage sound, that I feel I finally found PERFECTION in an electric guitar, and two of my friends that work at Prosound and are in bands own this guitar and totally agree. This guitar is a guitar platyers dream!