Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster HH
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster HH

STC-Shaped Guitar from Fender belonging to the Limited Edition Stratocaster series.

MGR/thebird55 MGR/thebird55

« Squier Standard Stratocaster »

Published on 03/08/10 at 15:00
Mod: #032-1602-565. Black Metallic/Maple/Poly Made in Indonesia.
Body: Agathis
Neck: C, 9.5 radius
22 med jumbo
Alnico single coils
Large '60s style headstock
Purchased about 2.5 years ago.

Purchased for $199.99 from Musicians Friend (Now $229.99) because I always wanted a Stratocaster. I was afraid I would be disappointed in a 'second line' guitar but it was all I could afford.

<a href="https://www.musiciansfriend.com/">https://www.musiciansfriend.com/</a>

Quality. Well dressed frets. Good set-up, right out of the box.

It'a a Fender!

Black Metallic paint job looks like its gloss black that just got dusty.
All Fender trems have sloppy arms.

Well made, but would like to see more mass in the block. Finish was flawless.

I would highly recommend this guitar to any beginning or intermediate player, or even an advanced player as a 'beater'. Would also recommend it for people who want a good foundation for modifications. While it is always possible to get a lemon in this price range, these tend to be excellent guitars. Indonesian made guitars seem to be a well kept secret. I have an acoustic made there and it's pretty good, too. My rating is, of course, based mostly on price. However this is one great guitar for any price. I think it's better than the MIM Strats.