Fender Special Editions Aerodyne Classic Stratocaster

All user reviews for the Fender Special Editions Aerodyne Classic Stratocaster

STC-Shaped Guitar from Fender belonging to the Stratocaster series.

• ericthegreatericthegreat

Amazing Bass

Fender Special Editions Aerodyne Classic StratocasterPublished on 11/01/11 at 21:35
    The Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster is a very nice working bass -- the P/J format gives lots of versatility, while the J-bass neck is smooth and fatigue-free for long-nights of gigging. I've been playing my Aerodyne live every weekend for the last year or so, and it does great. I replaced the jazz-pickup with an Aero Instruments J-bass 4, the stock one was really weak at top-volume. The Precision-style neck pickup is meaty and drives the bass when I want it. My only nit to pick is the chrome-stuff they treated teh bridge and tuners with, it haws started to rub off. I use this bass hard, slap, funk, classic rock, and it stands up.

Due to my apprehension toward playing a …

Due to my apprehension toward playing a long scale bass, I have had a long time fling with short scale basses. My wife bought me a used P-bass for Christmas and I found it to be very satisfying to play. I spoke with my usual salesman at guitar center and asked his opinion of the Aerodyne J-bass. He spoke highly of it and I purchased it after playing it. I had flat wounds installed and a set-up prior to taking it home.

My new Aerodyne has become a favorite with the band and myself. I play thru a Fender TV 15 Bassman amp and the result is incredible. Truly a fantastic instrument and a terrific compliment to my P-bass. Luv 'em both and my apprehensions of long scale basses has disappeared along with my short scale basses!

This is a great bass. Very light weight but very deep bass tone. The neck is super fast. One thing that I'm going to replace is the bridge with a Babicz Full Contact Hardware bridge. The Fender bass bridge is cheap & doesn't setup well. You will love this bass as well as almost any bass that fender makes!