Fender Standard Stratocaster [1990-2005]

* String Nut: Synthetic Bone
* Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Adjustable Hex Nut
* Pickups: Hot Vintage Alnico Humbucking Bridge Pickup
* Hot Vintage Alnico Humbucking Neck Pickup
* Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
* Hardware: Black
* Tuning Keys: Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
* Bridge: Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
* Tremolo Arm: Vintage Style Tremolo Arm
* Strap Buttons: Vintage Style Strap Buttons
* Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
* Pickguard: 3-Ply Black

Its a strat, you get what you get. It is easy to get at the top frets and really gets a great sound simply, its a plug and play guitar, very much a standard in the guitar industry. Just like I've said in other reviews. a strat is a strat is a strat is a strat and thats what you get.

I use it with Laney GH50L. it was my first guitar, and you know what, at the time it sounded great, its super fast on the neck and really feels great all over. is it mexican? yes, but man, its hard to beat out for the price even still today. I really enjoy the bridge tones out of it its just a good rock'n'roll machine, but don't expect too many vintage type strat tones out of the HH configuration.

The pick ups are a muddy and undefinied and I really strongly suggest changing the pickups if you plan on getting this, but if you're a beginner you'll be fine for a while with these pups, but change them soon if you can.

I personally ended up putting a whole new pickguard/electronics on the thing from an old MIA strat and it sounds great, I hardly play it anymore in favor of my Les Paul and MIA Strat though, sad. I keep it for the value that it was my first guitar though, and honestly it still looks and plays great.

Overall, I really do like it, especially as a first electric guitar, so if you want something simple and good sounding on the cheaps do it and I doubt you'll be disappointed!