Ibanez RGA121
Ibanez RGA121

STC-Shaped Guitar from Ibanez belonging to the RGA Prestige series.

Gab_ Gab_

«  I paââââame .... »

Publié le 02/02/11 à 07:00
See other reviews.

The neck is very thin, with a profile in D flat in the early round (1st box) and round at the junction. There is a kind of reinforcement on the head which may interfere. It is comfortable, it's late, but it is less refined and comfortable handles that Ibanez 'S' illusions that are even thinner. Be careful when you start to play on the sleeves here, it's hard to come back and play on the Gibson or other ...
I find it quite heavy for my scoliosis and access to acute is correct.
Want very good agreement with the mechanical.

I fired a few days in the infamous V7 and V8 to mount a tone zone in bridge and a paf teacher in the heats, even replaced shortly after by an air zone. Everything goes into a star-T-Rack Brunetti.

I wanted a guitar to do everything, without vibrato in order to re-tuning all that quickly or quickly change a rope. His side I needed a sound for the big riff nag prog / rock, and a scraper for my jazz class.
With the tone zone in my race I wish pti graaouuh in saturated fat, fine. Clean sound is not great, it's crunch fast, very thick, but I do not use it for that.
With a Paf pro in the heats, there was his highly crystalline, light, singing with a good attack. But it was not what I wanted.
What I was looking I had with the Air-Zone in the neck position: standard, big sound nice and moist, full of well rounded mids, bass good discussions, not a hair in acute withdrawal, a lot of gain, Briefly, the ideal sound for playing jazz / blues, very hot. Then with the same microphone in parallel, a more banging, quite close to the neck position of my strat CP60, but with a bit more lower midrange and a little more gain.
Level versatility so I filled up, and she follows me everywhere.

I've had three years is just my favorite guitar and for 650 € + 100 € for new microphones OCCAZ was a very good guitar. With the original pickups on the other hand is very average. The violin is good and expect that real microphone to give what she has in her stomach.

Over time on the other hand, something that I arrived: the varnish VLF body is very lightweight, and goes quickly to where it rubs: belt, right forearm, jack, outline ...