Ibanez S4170AB
Ibanez S4170AB

STC-Shaped Guitar from Ibanez belonging to the S Prestige series.

skateflip14 skateflip14
Publié le 12/04/09 à 18:30
the only info I can find on this guitar or been on the Ibanez site, archival catalogs.

Mahogany-Corp selected
Micro-Dimarzio IBZ neck, middle and bridge
Channel 5 pieces glued boxes of 22
-Jumbo Frets
-ZR Tremolo Ibanez
-5 Positions microphones
-Made in Korea

The finish is just beautiful, proof that the Koreans can make exceptional guitars, genuine mother of pearl around the scratches, paint a gradient below the handle, and the small side sunburst matte finish on the contour of the microphones, Pfff is beautiful!

The handle is very nice, it is comparable to an Ibanez JS. The touch is very nice too, abscense benchmarks may however disturb some people, but it adapts very quickly, access to treble is really simple, there's only 22 boxes!

The ergonomics of the guitar is very good, it is cut very thin and it is light, a real pleasure on stage.

I put all the same a 9 because the neck deserves to have 24 boxes

This is a guitar that has a very big heat, sound to Joe Satriani with more heat is really sends her a sound very comfortable. The distos send the pie, they are clean is not slimy but in my opinion lacks a bit of fishing though.

I played on a Mesa Boogie F30-I use it when I want a warm sound is a little behind, for example on the Blues in improv, it's great.

I put 8 for the lack of fishing

I play on it for 1yr and I am very pleased with this guitar, I tried an Ibanez JS is before I chose this one for its beauty, because it is a very very beautiful guitar that sounds great and is really Very well finished. The ZR is great, the superb finish of the guitar, I certainly repeats but hey, it's a very good guitar.